Bulgaria Doctors Carry out 35 Organ Transplants in 2009
A total of 35 successful organ transplants were performed by Bulgarian doctors in 2009.
The organs came from 11 donors, according to a Saturday’s announcement of the Bulgarian Health Ministry.
The Ministry has announced that last organ donor of 2009 was a 25-year-old man from Veliko Tarnovo who received a hemorrhage of the brain around noon on December 31.
Four successful transplants – of two kidneys, a liver, and a heart - were carried out by Bulgarian medics around the country with the organs from deceased young man on January 1, and on the morning of January 2.
The Health Ministry says that together with the Transplants Executive Agency it is going to further its efforts in the improvement of transplant operations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has the Lowest GDP per capita in the EU
- » We move the Clocks forward an Hour on Sunday
- » Bulgaria: The Zoo in Burgas acquired New Exotic Rodents
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 133 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather in Bulgaria, in the morning with Reduced Visibility
- » Researchers Reveal how Bone Health is Associated with Dementia