Bulgaria Govt Confirms Extra Troops for Afghanistan Mission
The Bulgarian cabinet has confirmed that up to 30 extra Bulgarian soldiers will join the ISAF operation in Afghanistan in early 2010, at its last regular meeting of the year.
This decision means that by early 2010 the number of Bulgarian troops guarding the inner zone of Kandahar airport will reach 300.
Bulgaria's Defense Minister, Nikolay Mladenov, informed Tuesday the commanding officers in Kabul and Kandahar that the country's contingent will be consolidated in Kandahar, to help the enlargement of the Airport.
Mladenov had stated on December 18 that 20-30 extra Bulgarian army troops may be sent at the start of 2010 and he also added that he is considering increasing Bulgarian troop numbers by a total of 70 in 2010.
- » The US and Romania Will Work to Strengthen Defense in NATO's Eastern Flank
- » US Sells Weapons Worth $ 8 billion to Taiwan
- » U.S. and Bulgarian Soldiers Conduct Static Line Paradrop Training
- » New IFVs Top Priority for Bulgaria's Land Forces inventory
- » Ankara Has Repeatedly Disrupted Greek Airspace
- » US Military will Come to Bulgaria for Joint Training