Bulgaria Afghanistan Mission to Be Consolidated in Kandahar
Bulgaria's Defense Minister, Nikolay Mladenov, informed Tuesday the commanding officers in Kabul and Kandahar that the country's contingent will be consolidated in Kandahar.
Mladenov also said that the number of the rangers in Afghanistan will be increased by 20 to 30 people in the beginning of 2010 and another 70 will be sent there by the end of the year.
Mladenov made the announcement during the annual video-conference report of the Bulgarian commanding officers abroad.
The Defense Minister further informed the expected consolidation is not going to happen in the next few months over pending assignments in Kabul, but pointed out the move would increase the importance of the Bulgarian forces in the Afghanistan mission and reduce the expenses of maintaining the contingent.
In addition to the reports from Kabul and Kandahar, Mladenov received reports of commanding officers in Kosovo, Georgia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina, all praising the actions of the Bulgarian foreign military missions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ukraine asked Bulgaria for Heavy Weapons - the Caretaker Government Refused
- » The Army has Increased the Intelligence and Surveillance in the Eastern Part of Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Partial State of Emergency Declared due to Migrant Pressure
- » Defense Minister: There is a Risk to Bulgaria's Security but No Direct Threat after Putin declared Mobilization
- » Bulgaria: 12 Arrested after a Bust on Migrant Trafficking Ring – May be Connected to the Tragedy in Burgas
- » Bulgaria: 10 Illegal Migrants from Syria Detained after a Chase in Burgas – 37 More near Vratsa