Bulgaria Environment Minister Promotes Community Service as Punishment
Bulgaria’s Environment Minister Nona Karadzhova has declared herself in favor of introducing community service as punishment for persons who pollute residential areas.
The Environment Ministry is currently discussing this option with the Justice Ministry, she told BTA.
Karadzhova believes that forced community service would have a much greater impact on perpetrators than court cases dragging on forever and minor fines.
Those responsible for polluting the city areas could be forced to work in waste processing depots, in public cleaning campaigns, or in hospitals as janitors.
These punishments could be imposed for crimes such as destroying trees and bushes in city parks, throwing litter in the streets, failing to separate garbage in the respective containers, unregulated disposal of construction wastes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Even Windier Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Strong Winds in Three Regions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Morning Fog and Afternoon Rain Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Mountains
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly in the Morning, Warmer in the Afternoon