Bulgaria Highway Robbery Suspect 'Faked' Leaving to Germany
Bulgaria Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, has confirmed that a border policeman has been arrested for faking documents to make it look like one of the wanted ‘crocodiles’ robbery gang had gone to Germany.
One of 'the crocodiles’ - Evgeni Milev aka Geyzo - was reported to have left the country at the Kalotina border crossing and left to Germany but after an investigation of documents it was found that three crocodiles left the country, when the border policeman had entered in the computer that 4 had actually gone, with namely Milev being the extra man.
Bulgaria police have been searching for 10 people from a highway robbery gang called “The crocodiles” after a top Bulgarian gangster was shot dead by police in an incident on the Trakiya highway on Monday.
Milev himself announced Wednesday, in an interview for the Bulgarian Trud newspaper that he has been in Germany on holiday to visit a friend for over a week and said he had understood about the incident on the internet and from friends over the phone.
He also stated that he did not know dead gangster - Dimitar Mitrev aka Bogrovetsa and denied that he or his brother were in any way involved.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europol Discovered an International Criminal Group for Financial Fraud Operating in Bulgaria
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria