Bulgaria Agriculture Ministry Pays Delayed EU Farmer Subsidies
Bulgaria Agriculture Minister, Miroslav Naydenov, has announced the launch of the delayed payments to farmers across the country.
Naydenov said that livestock farmers will receive BGN 61 M in their accounts on Monday with a total payment to farmers, from the EU payment per decare, of BGN 503 M to be made in December. The rest of the total BGN 771 M will be made in January and February.
For the first time in Bulgaria payments will be made to livestock farmers per head of their animals – BGN 132 for cattle and BGN 28 for sheep and goats. Under the single area payment will be paid at BGN 23,78 cents per decare, of which over BGN 16 is the European subsidy.
Bulgarian farmers are set to protest Tuesday over the late and low payments. In connection with the protests Naydenov said that the provided funds for farmers amounted to over BGN 135 M after they only claimed BGN 90 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum opens Today in Burgas
- » Unfair Import of Millions of Eggs from Ukraine: Bulgarian Producers
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia