GRIP Report Implicates Bulgaria in Weapons Trafficking
The organization Group for Research and Information on Peace and Security (GRIP) had implicated Bulgaria in large scale illegal arms trafficking.
A GRIP report, cited by Belgium media, informs that Bulgaria is supplying arms to the United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia (AUC) group, which is considered a terrorist organization by the European Union. The report points out that 27% of the weapons used by AUC come from the EU while Bulgaria is the top EU supplier with nearly 19% followed by Belgium - a distant second with 7,23%.
The GRIP reports, published by the Ideas for Peace Foundation has been financed by the Belgium Foreign Ministry.
- » Pirates Attacked an Italian Ship in the Gulf of Mexico
- » Turkish Authorities Found a Truck with 82 Migrants Traveling to Europe (VIDEO)
- » Greek Police Busted a Human Trafficking Group
- » A 50-Year-Old Man Was Stabbed in the Capital's "Iztok" Neighbourhood
- » A Man Robbed Bank Branch in Sofia
- » Armed Men Killed 37 Workers in Burkina Faso