Golf Legend Tiger Woods Takes 'Indefinite Break' over Affair
Tiger Woods is taking an indefinite break from professional golf to tackle problems in his private life.
In a statement on his website, he said he was aware of the disappointment "my infidelity" had caused to his family.
The world's top golfer said he wanted to "try to repair the damage done" and asked for privacy, the BBC reported.
His biggest sponsor, Nike, said it would continue to stand by him but Woods's agent said it was too early to discuss any other business deals.
On his website, Woods said he was "profoundly sorry" and asked for forgiveness.
The 33-year-old said: "I would like to ask everyone, including my fans, the good people at my foundation, business partners, the PGA Tour, and my fellow competitors, for their understanding.”
Speculation about his private life has been intense since he was involved in a car crash outside his Florida home two weeks ago. Newspaper allegations followed about extra-marital affairs.
Woods has been married to his wife Elin for five years and they have a two-year-old daughter and 10-month-old son.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Greatest Bulgarian Premier League Players Ever
- » Bulgaria with a Record 13 Medals from the European Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship
- » Bulgaria is the European Champion in Rhythmic Gymnastics - Gold for the Ensemble
- » Bulgaria to replace Russia on the Qualification for the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
- » Bulgarian Boxer Tervel Pulev defeated the American Joel Shojgreen in the Third Round
- » Why Bulgaria are Placing their Faith in Youth to get back into Footballing Relevance