Russian Delegation 'Optimistic' over Bulgaria Energy Projects
The Russian delegation is reported to have changed its sentiments from skeptical to optimistic regarding Bulgaria-Russia major energy projects after talks in Sofia
A source from the Russian delegation told ITAR-TASS news agency that “during talks we have managed to change sentiments from sceptic to optimistic,” while summing up the preliminary results of the Bulgaria-Russia Intergovernmental Commission on Economic, Scientific and Technical Cooperation in Sofia Thursday.
“We are most optimistic about prospects for the implementation of the South Stream gas pipeline project, the situation with the Belene NPP and Burgas-Alexandroupolis oil pipeline projects is a little bit more complex. But the main thing is that the Bulgarian side has confirmed its obligations on each of them,” the Russian source added.
It was also reported Thursday that the governments of Bulgaria and Russia are considering setting up a joint company in order to operate the ferry line connecting the Black Sea ports of Varna and Kavkaz.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Import of Russian Coal into the EU Stops from Today
- » Does Bulgaria receive Russian Gas through Intermediaries?
- » There will be Availability of Natural Gas for Bulgaria until the End of the Year, but at a High Price
- » Bulgarian Minister: The Greece-Bulgaria Gas Connection will have the Greatest Privileges in the Entire Country
- » The French government has drawn up a Package of Measures and Sanctions to Save Electricity
- » German Households to Reduce Energy Consumption by at least 20% due to the Gas Crisis