Bulgaria Police Busts Major Cigarette Contraband Ring
Employees of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry, along with Customs agents have busted a major cigarette contraband ring.
The information was announced Saturday by both institutions’ press centers.
The tax that would have been lost for the State budget from the cigarettes is estimated at BGN 650 000 while the value of the 225 000 packs of cigarettes exceeds BGN 1 M.
The cigarettes of the brands “Marlboro,” “Victory,” “Prestige,” and the Chinese "Chunghwa" have been discovered Thursday in Sofia’s “Slatina” district.
The cigarettes were found in a storage, rented by a man with a criminal record, and in a “Volvo” truck parked nearby.
The Interior says the cigarettes were destined for Bulgaria’s black market, not for import.
3 men without criminal records have been arrested during the raid.
- » Six Killed in a Gunfire in Germany
- » Six Senior Public Officials Investigated over Conflict of Interest
- » Former Interpol Chief Sentenced to more than 13 Years in Prison for Corruption
- » Nearly 100 Dangerous Prisoners Escaped from a Prison in Paraguay
- » Bulgarian Man Brutally Murdered in London
- » A Bulgarian was Seriously Injured in an Attack in Malta