Bulgaria Police Busts Major Cigarette Contraband Ring
Employees of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry, along with Customs agents have busted a major cigarette contraband ring.
The information was announced Saturday by both institutions’ press centers.
The tax that would have been lost for the State budget from the cigarettes is estimated at BGN 650 000 while the value of the 225 000 packs of cigarettes exceeds BGN 1 M.
The cigarettes of the brands “Marlboro,” “Victory,” “Prestige,” and the Chinese "Chunghwa" have been discovered Thursday in Sofia’s “Slatina” district.
The cigarettes were found in a storage, rented by a man with a criminal record, and in a “Volvo” truck parked nearby.
The Interior says the cigarettes were destined for Bulgaria’s black market, not for import.
3 men without criminal records have been arrested during the raid.
- » Police Took Down a Drug Trafficking Network in Europe, 11 Arrested
- » Pirates Abducted 19 Members of a Greek Tanker
- » Polish Customs Officers Seized Cocaine for Half a Billion Euro in Poland
- » Computer Scammers Have Stolen Tens of Millions from over 47 Companies Worldwide
- » Six Romanians Were Accused of Raping their Own Children
- » Europol Has Shut Down over 30,000 Web Pages for Intellectual Property Infringement