Jailed Bulgarian Mafia Boss Charged over Beating Another Prisoner
Jailed Bulgarian drug boss Dimitar Zhelyazkov has been charged over beating another prisoner, the 24 Chasa Daily reported Friday.
In 2008, Zhelyazkov, aka Mityo Ochite (“The Eyes”), became the “highest-ranking” Bulgarian mafia boss to go to jail. He got a 4,5-year term after making confessions over the leading an organized crime group involved in drug dealing.
Zlelyazkov has now been charged with hooliganism over beating another inmate – Stoyan Krastev, aka Draganovetsa, on August 6, 2009, after the two got in conflict in the fitness center of the Kazichene Prison.
After the fight, Zhelyazkov was moved to the Belene Prison in Northern Bulgaria, and Krastev – to the Bobovdol Prison to the south of Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol
- » Light Aircraft Overloaded With Cocaine Crashed on Take-Off on its Way to Australia
- » Bulgaria: Large Drug Lab in Yambol Discovered During a Police Operation
- » Man Was Stabbed Near the National Theater
- » Bulgarian Businessman Atanas Bobokov Will Remain in Custody
- » Bulgaria: Man from Stara Zagora Making Forgeries of Archeological Objects was Detained