Jailed Bulgarian Mafia Boss Charged over Beating Another Prisoner
Jailed Bulgarian drug boss Dimitar Zhelyazkov has been charged over beating another prisoner, the 24 Chasa Daily reported Friday.
In 2008, Zhelyazkov, aka Mityo Ochite (“The Eyes”), became the “highest-ranking” Bulgarian mafia boss to go to jail. He got a 4,5-year term after making confessions over the leading an organized crime group involved in drug dealing.
Zlelyazkov has now been charged with hooliganism over beating another inmate – Stoyan Krastev, aka Draganovetsa, on August 6, 2009, after the two got in conflict in the fitness center of the Kazichene Prison.
After the fight, Zhelyazkov was moved to the Belene Prison in Northern Bulgaria, and Krastev – to the Bobovdol Prison to the south of Sofia.
- » 33 Bulgarian Women Were Killed by a Family Member or Intimate Partner in 2018
- » Two Underage Migrants Arrested for Raping a Girl in Sofia
- » French Intelligence Services Detained a man Planning a 9/11 Style Attack in France
- » 387 Bulgarians Became Victims of Trafficking since the Beginning of the Year - Most of Them - Women
- » More than 300 People from Over 12 Countries Arrested after Authorities Took a Child Pornography Site Down
- » Three Bulgarians Were Killed in a Shooting in Chicago