Jailed Bulgarian Mafia Boss Charged over Beating Another Prisoner
Jailed Bulgarian drug boss Dimitar Zhelyazkov has been charged over beating another prisoner, the 24 Chasa Daily reported Friday.
In 2008, Zhelyazkov, aka Mityo Ochite (“The Eyes”), became the “highest-ranking” Bulgarian mafia boss to go to jail. He got a 4,5-year term after making confessions over the leading an organized crime group involved in drug dealing.
Zlelyazkov has now been charged with hooliganism over beating another inmate – Stoyan Krastev, aka Draganovetsa, on August 6, 2009, after the two got in conflict in the fitness center of the Kazichene Prison.
After the fight, Zhelyazkov was moved to the Belene Prison in Northern Bulgaria, and Krastev – to the Bobovdol Prison to the south of Sofia.
- » Ministry of Justice Asked the UAE for the Extradition of Vasil Bozhkov
- » 24 People were Killed in a Church Attack in Burkina Faso
- » A Record 5 Tonnes of Cocaine Seized in Costa Rica
- » Petrich Municipality Investigated by OLAF
- » Vasil Bozhkov Charged with Two More Crimes
- » Bloomberg:Fugitive Gambling Tycoon Fights for his Vast Treasure Trove