Jailed Bulgarian Mafia Boss Charged over Beating Another Prisoner
Jailed Bulgarian drug boss Dimitar Zhelyazkov has been charged over beating another prisoner, the 24 Chasa Daily reported Friday.
In 2008, Zhelyazkov, aka Mityo Ochite (“The Eyes”), became the “highest-ranking” Bulgarian mafia boss to go to jail. He got a 4,5-year term after making confessions over the leading an organized crime group involved in drug dealing.
Zlelyazkov has now been charged with hooliganism over beating another inmate – Stoyan Krastev, aka Draganovetsa, on August 6, 2009, after the two got in conflict in the fitness center of the Kazichene Prison.
After the fight, Zhelyazkov was moved to the Belene Prison in Northern Bulgaria, and Krastev – to the Bobovdol Prison to the south of Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria