Sofia University Introduces Brand New Uniform Entrance Test
Sofia University “St. Kliment of Ohrid” has announced it would introduce a new, uniform entrance exam changing radically the existing application process.
The new approach will be applied first to majors in the social sciences and humanities. Under the present system, which has been in place for decades, the prospective students apply by taking one or more university-administered exam in specific subjects depending on the subject(s) required for the major they wish to study.
All this will be gone with the new exam which will be one and the same for all social studies majors.
Instead of writing long essay that have often been memorized by heart, the students will sit for a modified test, the Sofia University President Ivan Ilchev has announced. He said one additional benefit of the new system would be to remove the need for students to take private lessons in the various fields. The uniform exam will be introduced for the social studies majors in 2011.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Southeastern Bulgaria is at the Bottom in the EU of Young People with Secondary Education
- » Only Two Bulgarian Universities in a World Ranking
- » The First Ukrainian Educational Center Opened in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Family Returned from the UK Cannot Enroll their Children in a Bulgarian School
- » Bulgaria: Increased Police Presence around Schools for the Start of the School Year Today
- » From Tomorrow the School Year in Bulgaria Begins In Person with over 57,000 First Graders