US Secretary of State Clinton Greets Bulgaria Energy Transparency
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has praised the new Bulgarian Government for its readiness for greater transparency in energy relations with the US.
After a half hour meeting with Bulgaria Foreign Affairs Minister Rumiana Jeleva in Washington Clinton stressed the close relationship between the US and Bulgaria and the strategically important relations between the two countries within NATO.
Clinton also greeted the efforts of Bulgaria's new center-right GERB government to eradicate corruption and its readiness for greater transparency in energy relations. She pointed out that Bulgaria and the United States will intensify their relations and expand trade cooperation.
Answering a question on the abolition of visas for Bulgarian citizens to the US, Clinton declared that she would support the procedure, but stressed that Bulgaria will have to meet all the major criteria and be approved by the US Congress for inclusion in the visa-free program.
Bulgaria's participation in Afghanistan was also discussed. Jeleva declared Bulgaria's readiness to support the efforts of the coalition there, Bulgarian National Television reported.
Clinton concluded by stating that the US Special Envoy for Eurasian Energy, Ambassador Richard L Morningstar, will visit Bulgaria in 10 days time.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus
- » The Presidents of Bulgaria and Romania Rumen Radev and Klaus Iohannis Discussed the Efficient Supplies of Food and Raw Materials in the Conditions of Crisis
- » The Government has Approved a Program for Supporting Bulgarian Communities Abroad
- » Stoltenberg: Bulgaria has Received NATO support in the Fight against COVID-19