Bulgaria to Become European Leader in Solar Energy*
From The National Post, Canada
Sofia Bulgaria can pass the Czech Republic as Eastern Europe's most lucrative solar energy market if the government removes legal pitfalls blocking investment in the country's strong sun potential, experts say.
Investors are looking for new opportunities in central and southeastern Europe after Spain and Germany, the global industry leaders in photovoltaics (PV) that turn sunlight into energy, have cut or plan to curtail incentives.
The Czech Republic has attracted the lion's share of investment in Eastern Europe due to generous subsidies. But Prague is expected to reduce the feed-in tariffs from 2010, a move that could make Bulgaria a more promising market in the medium to long-term, analysts say.
The Balkan country has already attracted applications for 1,000 megawatts of new solar parks thanks to its incentives.
*Title by Novinite.com
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 'Bulgaria Phone Scammers Rob, Blackmail Elderly'
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Grows Uneasy as Trump Complicates Ties to Russia
- » NY Times: As Support for EU Flags Elsewhere, Bulgaria Sees Its Benefits
- » DW: German Businesses Prefer Trade with Bulgaria over Investment
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'