Chinese Company Still Wants to Invest Big in Bulgaria Glass Plant
The Chinese state-owned company China Luoyang Float Glass Group is still interested in investing in the former glass factory in Bulgaria’s northeast city of Razgrad.
After a visit in April 2008, representatives of the Chinese holding visited Bulgaria for the second time, and met Thursday with Finance Minister Simeon Djankov, and Todor Dimitrov who is a MP from the Razgrad District. They are to visit Razgrad on Friday.
In April 2008, the Vice President of CLFG, Li Wei, announced the Chinese holding was going to invest at least EUR 80 M in the former “Diamond” factory in Razgrad, which was shut down in 2000 over financial troubles.
In 2007, its assets were bought by the Plovdiv-based firm Via Properties, with which the Chinese company is planning the investment.
CLGF is a state-owned company, and ranks third largest in the world in production of flat glass. The plant in Razgrad is expected to employ 300 wokers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Woman Was Rescued In the Rila Mountain after Hours in The Open
- » Bulgaria May Have New Nuclear Reactor in Ten Years
- » Google Launches New Initiative for Eastern and Central Europe
- » Bulgarian Restaurateurs: We are Ready for Compromise
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 544 Newly Infected, 6,8 Percent Test Positive
- » IMF Head Kristalina Georgieva: Forecasts for Global Economy Are Grim