Scores Die in El Salvador Floods
At least 124 people have been killed in El Salvador by flooding and landslides following days of
heavy rain, the government says.
President Mauricio Funes has declared a national emergency, describing the damages as "incalculable".
The capital San Salvador and central San Vicente province were the hardest-hit regions, officials say.
Local reporter Juan Carlos Barahona told the BBC that San Vicente is virtually cut off by landslides and collapsed bridges.
Interior Minister Humberto Centeno said 60 people were still missing, and about 7,000 more were in shelters.
In the town of San Vicente rescue workers pulled bodies from the wreckage of houses.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The VP of the European Parliament: Bulgaria has done its Homework for Schengen
- » Day 465 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is Ready to start its Counteroffensive says Zelensky
- » At least 280 Dead and over 900 Injured in a Crash between Two Trains in India
- » Tragedy in India: At least 50 Dead and hundreds Injured after Train Crash
- » 700 NATO troops have arrived in Northern Kosovo
- » Day 464 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia faces a Dilemma whether to Protect its Border or the Occupied Territories