Turkish National with Fake Bulgarian ID Fleeces UK Casinos
One of the world's most notorious casino cheats has been jailed for a three-year fraud that spread all over the UK and several other countries.
Abdullah Toksoz, 40, of Croydon, bypassed casino security with Italian, Bulgarian and Malibu identities to win GBP 3 000 a night between February 2005 and June last year. He would mark cards using a pinhead under his fingernail.
In June this year, the Turkish national was arrested at Heathrow airport carrying USD 10 900 in cash. He was jailed for 16 months at Southwark crown court yesterday after admitting fraud, false representation and obtaining money by deception. Nicholas Mather, prosecuting, said it was impossible to say how much he made.
Toksoz was banned from every casino in Britain for more than 10 years in the mid-90s. "He has been a prolific cheat. He has plied his trade across the globe," the UK Casino Security Management Association said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene