Bulgaria Backs Thrace Refugees in Claiming Compensations from Turkey
Bulgaria's Foreign Minister, Rumiana Jeleva, has expressed support for the cause of descendants of Bulgarian refugees from Eastern Thrace to claim compensations from Turkey.
Jeleva met Wednesday with the leaders of the Union of Thracian Associations – the organization uniting the descendants of Bulgarians who fled Eastern Thrace (today’s European Turkey) during and after the wars of 1912-1918 of atrocities, or emigrated in the 1920s.
The children of the one-time Bulgarian refugees demand compensations for the real estate property that their forebears left behind in European Turkey.
Minister Jeleva said the Thracian refugees’ compensation issues was a top priority for her institution, and was an important part of the Joint Bulgaria-Turkey Committee on unresolved questions.
- » Herro Mustafa is the New Ambassador of the United States to Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Talked with the UN Secretary-General
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister Participates in the Council for Foreign Affairs
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Will Participate in the Council for Foreign Affairs and the General Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- » Information Days for Bulgarian Citizens in Cyprus
- » Foreign Minister: We will Establish Regular Contact between the Diplomats of Bulgaria and UAE