Bulgaria Backs Thrace Refugees in Claiming Compensations from Turkey
Bulgaria's Foreign Minister, Rumiana Jeleva, has expressed support for the cause of descendants of Bulgarian refugees from Eastern Thrace to claim compensations from Turkey.
Jeleva met Wednesday with the leaders of the Union of Thracian Associations – the organization uniting the descendants of Bulgarians who fled Eastern Thrace (today’s European Turkey) during and after the wars of 1912-1918 of atrocities, or emigrated in the 1920s.
The children of the one-time Bulgarian refugees demand compensations for the real estate property that their forebears left behind in European Turkey.
Minister Jeleva said the Thracian refugees’ compensation issues was a top priority for her institution, and was an important part of the Joint Bulgaria-Turkey Committee on unresolved questions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Kyiv is Working Again
- » US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Central and Eastern Europe Robin Dunnigan Visits Bulgaria
- » President Radev: Bulgaria will Once Again stand in Solidarity with Fraternal Macedonia
- » Bulgaria’s President: We will Sign Important Partnership Agreements with the UAE
- » MFA: Bulgaria will Not Recognize Passports issued in the Occupied Zones in Ukraine