Bulgaria Backs Thrace Refugees in Claiming Compensations from Turkey
Bulgaria's Foreign Minister, Rumiana Jeleva, has expressed support for the cause of descendants of Bulgarian refugees from Eastern Thrace to claim compensations from Turkey.
Jeleva met Wednesday with the leaders of the Union of Thracian Associations – the organization uniting the descendants of Bulgarians who fled Eastern Thrace (today’s European Turkey) during and after the wars of 1912-1918 of atrocities, or emigrated in the 1920s.
The children of the one-time Bulgarian refugees demand compensations for the real estate property that their forebears left behind in European Turkey.
Minister Jeleva said the Thracian refugees’ compensation issues was a top priority for her institution, and was an important part of the Joint Bulgaria-Turkey Committee on unresolved questions.
- » The Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in Yemen will be Closed
- » President Rumen Radev Held a Meeting with the Club of Ambassadors Speaking Bulgarian
- » Rumen Radev in London: The Funds Invested in Defense Capabilities Should Contribute to the Countries’ Own Economic Development and Social Systems
- » Jens Stoltenberg: NATO Is Strong
- » The Real Part of the NATO Summit Begins Today
- » The von der Leyen Commission Took Office on December 1