5 Kilos of Heroin Seized on Bulgaria-Turkey Border, 4 Arrested
An organized criminal gang, engaged in trafficking heroin from Turkey into Bulgaria, has been caught and its operations ended.
In a joint operation by officers of the National Customs Agency, the Unit for Fighting Organized Crime (GDBOP) and the Regional Directorates of Haskovo and Plovdiv, a total of 5 kilos of heroin was confiscated.
The group was using the so-called “Balkan Route” to transport the drugs into Bulgaria.
On the night of November 1, customs officers stopped and checked a BMW car at Kapitan Andreevo border checkpoint. The driver was a 52-year-old man from Plovdiv, identified only as O.T.
Hidden in spaces behind the car’s dashboard, the officers discovered 4 packets consisting of 2 kilos of a brown powdery substance. When tested on the spot, the powder was identified as heroin.
In a follow-up operation, three other participants from Plovdiv have been detained. These three persons, aged between 22 and 39 years, have also not been named.
A search of their luggage uncovered a further 6 packets of heroin, weighing 3 kilos.
Investigations are continuing, according to the Customs Agency.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Young Man was Found Dead in the center of Varna, a Murder has been Confirmed
- » Bulgarian Ruja Ignatova is in the Top 10 of the FBI's Most Wanted
- » After the First 13 - Three more Illegally Buried Bodies found near Bankya
- » Teenagers Attacked and Robbed a Postal Worker in Parvomai
- » Bulgaria: 16 Arrested in Smolyan region - Most of them were British Citizens
- » A Suspect of Terrorism has been Detained in Bulgaria at the Request of Norway