GERB Calls on Director, Board of National Health Fund to Resign
The governing center-right GERB party members of the Bulgarian parliamentary health committee have asked the Director of the National Health Insurance Fund and his board to hand in their resignations.
Commission Chairman and Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria’s (GERB) MP, Dr. Lachezar Ivanov, said that irregularities have been found in the allocation of funds for hospitals. The Commission also allegedly found that the money in the regional health insurance funds have not been allocated by the Governing Board using the adopted rules.
Ivanov stated that “not following the rules has meant that certain regional health insurance funds have been favored without any reason. Secondly the Director and board of the Fund ordered contractors to be paid in advance to the disadvantage of hospital care.”
Ivanov concluded that the GERB members of the Commission had proposed that an external audit should be carried out for the specific detection of irregularities in the allocations of funds for hospital care in the district health insurance funds.. between 2006 and 2008.”
- » Telenor Сtarts 5G Тrials Аcross Bulgaria
- » International Software Security Conference Opens in Bulgaria
- » President Rumen Radev Vetoed the Law on the Ratification of Contracts Relating to the Purchase of F-16
- » Lozan Panov: There Is a Risk for the Chief Prosecutor Election to Be Left with only One Nomination
- » NSSI with 11% Higher First-Quarter Social Security Contributions
- » The EC Sends Experts to Bulgaria Due to the African Swine Fever