Bulgaria PM Borisov: Macedonians Must Learn EU Values
Bulgaria's Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, declared Thursday that the Macedonians must read and understand better the values of the European Union.
Borisov said this in Brussels where he is for the meeting of the EU Council. He commented on a statement that Macedonia Prime Minister, Nikola Gruevski, made during his recent visit to Australia, which Bulgarian President Georgi Parvanov interpreted as Macedonian territorial claims towards Bulgaria.
“I have always told our neighbors from Macedonia that if they are headed for membership in the EU and NATO, they must read what values those organizations espouse. These values are: an Europe without borders, an Europe of good neighborliness, an Europe where problems are solved with peace, understanding, and tolerance, not with statements such as that of PM Gruevski,” Borisov said before the meeting of the EU government heads from the European People’s Party.
Borisov stressed that Bulgaria was probably going to get the seat of EU Commissioner for Enlargement in the new European Commission.
Bulgaria’s PM also said he was going to meet with his Albanian counterpart, Sali Berisha. The meeting has been requested by the Albanian side, and the statement of Macedonian PM Gruevski will be one of its topics.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The New US Ambassador: Bulgaria is a Strategic Partner and Ally of the United States
- » The Bulgarian Cultural and Information Center moved to Downtown Skopje
- » Bulgaria’s MFA handed a Note of Protest to the Ambassador of North Macedonia after the Shooting in Ohrid
- » Another Provocation! Shooting at the Bulgarian Club "Tsar Boris III" in North Macedonia
- » MFA on Russia's Propaganda Rhetoric: Bulgaria's Position is in Support of Ukraine
- » Russia on Bulgaria’s Military Aid to Ukraine: A Hostile Act, further Worsening our Relations