PM Borisov: Politicians Should Be Like Bulgarian Shepherd Dog
Тwo new Bulgarian dog breeds were formally presented Sunday at a cynology exhibit in the southwest town of Razlog opened by Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov.
“All qualities of the Bulgarian shepherd dog are very valuable, and the Bulgarian politicians should have them. The Bulgarian shepherd dog is faithful, strong, fights predators and bad people, and is a very good guard,” the PM declared.
At the opening of the exhibit, Bulgaria’s Agriculture Minister, Miroslav Naydenov, handed Borisov (in Borisov’s capacity as honorary chair of the Bulgarian Cynology Club) the formal documents for the international recognition of two new Bulgarian dog breeds – Bulgarian Shepherd Dog and Bulgarian Ludogorie Beagle. (Ludogorie is a region in Northeast Bulgaria.)
Naydenov said the recognition of the Bulgarian shepherd dog as a separate breed had been refused for years. He joked that this had been because it was “the dog of the opposition”, and the Ministers of the ethnic Turkish party DPS had prevented its recognition (Naydenov’s predecessor Valeri Stefanov was from the DPS).
“This is now the dog of the ruling party. The Ministers of the DPS have been obstructing this dog on purpose because it was not good for them if Bulgaria had a shepherd dog protecting the people,” PM Borisov joked in turn.
Borisov and Naydenov were presented with cubs of the Bulgarian shepherd dog breed by the Bulgarian Cynology Club.
The cynology exhibit in Razlog was focused on the new Bulgarian breeds, but also included competitions in various breed categories.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Restart of Organ Transplant Procedures in Bulgaria
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » Face Masks Now Mandatory at Outdoor Areas in Paris
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Protesters in Sofia Lifted One Blockade
- » Forest Fire in Bulgarian Region of Svilengrad Continues, State of Emergency Is Extended