Angry Man Fires Shots inside Sofia Public Transportation Bus
The Sofia police are on the lookout for a man who fired a gun inside a public transportation bus in Sofia Sunday night.
According to information from the Interior Ministry's press center, a man had entered in an altercation with the driver of bus 76, broke the glass of the driver's cabin with the handle of a gun and fired a shot in the air before leaving the vehicle.
The incident happened around 9:30 pm in the Sofia “Mladost 4” district. Witnesses say the scandal began as the bus was departing from the stop in front of the “Pliska” hotel, on Sofia's main thoroughfare “Tsarigradsko Shosse.” The man, about 35-years of age, got enraged when the driver closed the doors without waiting for all passengers to board the bus. During the entire trip to “Mladost 4,” the man, who witnesses say spoke Russian, and his wife took turns to argue with the driver and yell at him. The man fired the gun before leaving the bus.
A similar incident happened in Sofia in February when shots were fired at a bus in the “Lyulin” district. Four windows on the side of the bus were broken, but there were no injured passengers.
- » Nearly BGN 10 000 were Stolen from a Shop in Sofia
- » Cyberattack on Singapore Health Database Steals Details of 1.5 Million, Including PM
- » EUR 17,000 were Stolen from a Man in a Train Traveling from Sofia
- » Record for Bulgaria: Family Gave EUR 40,000 to Phone Scammers
- » Vandals Cut 29 Newly Planted Trees on Sofia's Ring Road
- » Bulgaria Uncovers Skimming Equipment, Fake Documents Workshop