Serbia Declares Macedonia-Kosovo Border Agreement Void
The Serbian government does not recognize the agreement signed between Macedonia and Kosovo for the resolving of the two state’s border dispute.
“The signing of this agreement is useless because Macedonia will have to negotiate with Belgrade on that issue,” said Oliver Ivanovic, State Secretary of Serbia’s Foreign Ministry, as quoted by BGNES.
In his words, Macedonia and Kosovo signed the agreement under pressure by foreigners who did not account for the fact that this may worsen the already complex relations between Serbia and Macedonia.
Earlier on Sunday the Foreign Ministries of Macedonia and Kosovo announced the resolution of the bilateral border dispute, and the establishing of diplomatic relations.
Serbia has not recognized Kosovo’s independence, and is considering it part of its territory.
- » Indonesia's President Suggests New Capital
- » The Number of Refugees in the World Has Reached a Record 70.8 million People, the UN Said
- » Bulgaria Ranks on one of the Last Places for Innovations in EU
- » Trump: ICE Will Begin the Process of Removing the "Millions of Illegal Aliens"
- » At Least 15 People Died after a Ferry Sank Near the Indonesian Island of Java
- » French Football Legend and Former UEFA President Michel Platini Was Arrested