France GDF Suez May Consider Joining Nabucco Gas Pipeline
French utility GDF Suez, which is already in talks to join the OAO Gazprom-led Nord Stream pipeline, would also be prepared to take a fresh look at the Nabucco pipeline project,
The announcement has been made Thursday by Chief Executive, Gerard Mestrallet, the Wall Street Journal reported.
"We could look again" at the Nabucco project, which Gaz de France was interested in before becoming part of GDF Suez, Mestrallet said.
However, he said the project is "very complex" and involves many transit countries.
The Nabucco pipeline project, which has the backing of the European Union, is designed to reduce Europe's dependence on Russian energy imports. Nabucco would bring gas from the Caspian, Central Asia and the Middle East to the heart of Europe.
There's "no question for the moment," of GDF Suez also having a look at joining the South Stream project, a third major pipeline project to pump gas to Europe, Mestrallet added.
- » CEZ in Bulgaria Gets Permit for EUR 1.5 Million for Transmission Line Project
- » Bulgaria's NPP Kozloduy Reconnects Nuclear Reactor after Capacity Tests
- » The Readiness of the Kozloduy NPP Unit V for Increased Power Output Will Be Tested
- » Submarine Power Cable Promotes Montenegro as Energy Hub for Balkans
- » The Electricity Price for Business Increased with 203%
- » KEVR Approved Electricity Prices for Customers of EVN Bulgaria from 1 July 2019