Bulgaria Gas Stations to Sell Biodiesel from 2010 Spring
All Bulgarian gas stations will be obliged to add at least 2% biodiesel in the diesel fuel after March 1, 2010.
This measure has been included in the amendments of the Law on Renewable and Alternative Energy Sources and Biofuels, which the Council of Ministers passed Wednesday. The next step is to be passed in the National Assembly.
After September 2010, the amount of biodiesel in the regular diesel must be at least 3%, and after March 1, 2011 – at least 4%.
All gas stations will have a two-month period in which they must apply the new rules, the amendments foresee.
However, the state will not oblige the merchants to add bioethanol to the regular gasoline. The reason is that due to the technical specifications of that kind of fuel it can be mixed only with special kind of gasoline. No such fuel is produced in Bulgaria. This is why the only refinery in Bulgaria, Lukoil, should first construct such production facilities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Gas with another 3% down
- » Bulgarian Grain Producers begin three days of Protest Action
- » Bulgaria, Greece and Italy bought Gas from Azerbaijan for 1.6 Billion Euros in January
- » Bulgaria will sign Agreements with the US and France for the Construction of 4 Nuclear Units at the sites in Kozloduy and Belene
- » Bulgarian iGaming Industry enjoying American Expansion
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas