Shocking Vbox Video Shows Bulgaria Old People's Home Cruelty
A shocking video of ill patients in a home for mentally retarded old people in Batak, Bulgaria has been uploaded on Vbox.
The video was filmed in a sick room of the home and two old people are seen to be visibly in a terrible condition with one of them literally skin and bones. The authors of the Vbox clip, uploaded under the name “Forgotten by God”, even warn viewers that it should not be watched by children or people with a heart condition.
The clip ends with a note that both Tuberculosis and other mysterious deaths have been hidden from the authorities by the home’s director.
The director of the home, Dora Papanova, stated that the video footage is at least two years old and was made by a former nurse. She added that the reality of the situation at the home does not resemble the footage.Papanova said the reality of social institution does not meet what is seen from the clips.
The Bulgarian authorities have stated that they will investigate and the Mayor of Batak, Peter Paunov, will hold a press conference on the issue on Wednesday.
Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Bulgarian-Swiss Program Gives 2500 Children a Chance to Go to Kindergarten
- » The Problematic Places of Sofia, which Get Flooded after Heavy Rainfall
- » Bulgarian has Died, and Four have been Injured in Car Crash in Romania
- » The Mountain Rescue Service Warns Tourists not to Take Walks in the Mountains
- » World Beatles Day - June 25 - two weeks before the premiere of "Yesterday"
- » Triple Jump of Cancer Patients in Bulgaria for 37 Years