Bulgaria Suffer Injury Crisis ahead of World Cup Qualifiers
Bulgaria have suffered an injury crisis ahead of their World Cup qualifiers against Cyprus and Georgia with up to five players set to miss the games.
After being recalled, Leicester City defender Alexander Tunchev has been ruled out after suffering an injury. He will be joined on the sidelines by goalkeeper Georgi Petkov plus defenders Zhivko Milanov and Stanislav Manolev. Midfielder Georgi Surmov will also miss out.
Bulgaria are to set play a difficult away game in Cyprus on October 10 followed by Georgia in Sofia on October 14. They must win both games if they are to keep their slim hopes of qualifying alive.
Bulgaria coach Stanimir Stoilov is counting on Manchester United forward Dimitar Berbatov to lead Bulgaria's attack along with Manchester City's Martin Petrov and Valeri Bojinov who recently moved to Parma.
Italy leads Bulgaria’s group with 20 points, and Ireland is second with 16. Bulgaria has 11 points.
- » Bulgaria Winger Despodov to Miss Start of Euro Qualifiers
- » Bulgarian Katrin Taseva with Gold and Bronze of Grand Prix in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Daniel Asenov is European Boxing Champion for the Sixth Time
- » WORLD CHAMPION! Petar Stoychev is the Fastest in the World in Swimming in Icy Waters!
- » Petar Stoychev - 200 m Swimming Below Zero
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Ready to Return for the Masters Game in Miami