10% of Bulgaria Building Firms Set for Bankruptcy
Bulgaria's Minister of Regional Development, Rosen Plevneliev, has announced that 10% of the building firms in the country are likely to go bankrupt in the next few months over the global financial crisis
Plevneliev said that the building industry is in dramatic situation, with between 500 and 600 of a total 5500 construction companies in serious financial distress.
He continued that his Ministry will try to revive the industry by providing new contracts for road construction in October and November. He added that the Road Agency’s budget has increased by BGN 700 M.
In connection with winter cleaning Plevneliev indicated that BGN 35 M would be provided for snow removal and BGN 17 M for maintenance of roads. The funds will be provided by the Ministry of Finance.
- » Vitosha Boulevard in the Top 50 of the Most Expensive Streets in Europe
- » The Real Estate Market in Sofia Is Stable
- » Vacant Properties Increased by 24%
- » About 30% of the New Homes Are Purchased with Credit
- » Properties’ Prices in Sofia Has Increased by 5% in the Last Year
- » Colliers: Reverse of the Trend - Local Companies Are once again Dominating the Real Estate Investment Market