Sofia Receives BGN 5 M Loan for Winter Cleaning
A BGN 5 M loan will be granted to the Sofia Municipality for winter cleaning by the Municipality Privatization Fund after a decision by the Sofia Municipality Council.
The request for the loan was made by municipality councilor and chairman of the Fund Orlin Alexiev and the Deputy Sofia Mayor, Minko Gerdzhikov,.
The funds were allocated for winter cleaning in the capital and also waste management over the winter period.
Gerdzhikov confirmed that the loan will be returned most likely from the sale of municipality property that is expected to add BGN 46 M to the local budget. The loan must be re-paid before the end of 2009.
Last Friday, the Minister of Regional Development and Public Works, Rosen Plevneliev, stated that currently not a single lev for winter cleaning operations has been made available from the state budget.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Duration of the Isolation of Patients is Reduced from Today
- » Bulgaria: Are Gas Stations Draining Money through the Anti-Crisis Measures
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1,350 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Another Death on “Trakia” Highway
- » COVID-19: New Changes to Quarantine Measures in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Goat's Milk Curd Won the Highest Award at the Great Taste 2022 Competition