Bulgaria Marks World Heart Day
Bulgaria marks Sunday World Heart Day with series of events and free cardiology exams in hospitals across the country.
World Heart Day was created to inform people around the globe that heart disease and stroke are the world's leading cause of death, claiming 17,2 million lives each year.
The World Heart Federation informs that at least 80% of premature deaths from heart disease and stroke could be avoided if the main risk factors, tobacco, unhealthy diet and physical inactivity, are controlled.
World Heart Day 2009 is held Sunday, September 27, in over one hundred countries across the world. Activities organized by members and partners of the World Heart Federation will include runs, public talks, concerts, sporting events and much more.
World Heart Day was organized for the first time on September 24, 2000.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europe’s External Borders May Be Sealed Amid Rising Coronavirus Toll
- » Bulgaria: Hotel in Sunny Beach Resort "Saved" Bleak Season with Cannabis Greenhouse
- » Opera Star Placido Domingo Celebrates His 80th Birthday
- » Bulgarian Parliament Adopts Law Recognizing Sign Language as Official Language
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector: UK Covid-19 Strain Will Spill over to Entire Europe
- » January 21: International Hugs Day, Babinden in Bulgaria