Bulgaria Criticizes Macedonia Encyclopedia
Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje has issued a statement, saying that the content of Macedonian Encyclopedia is not a result of scientific analyses and its single purpose is to collect political dividends.
According to the statement released on Thursday, "it is unacceptable for a country aspirant for NATO and EU membership to resort to terminology typical for the ideology of the Cold War era."
The approach in the Macedonian Encyclopedia is in collision with the European ways and gives no contribution to strengthening of the neighborly relations and curbing down of the "hatred speech", the statement further adds
Immediately after its publishing, Macedonian Encyclopedia raised numerous reactions. The parties of ethnic Albanians living in Macedonia were the first to slam certain contents of the publication, and reactions of Great Britain and US followed shortly after, the independent news agency Makfax said.
- » Rumen Radev and Nicos Anastasiades: The EU Budget Should Reflect the Ambition for a United and Active Europe
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria has Invested over BGN 1 Billion for the Three Seas Initiative
- » Rumen Radev: The Partnership between Bulgaria and Japan Provides the Opportunity for our Speeded-up Development as a Country of High Technologies and Science
- » PM Borissov to Take Part in the Extraordinary Meeting of the European Council
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria has Consistently Supported NATO European and Euro-Atlantic Prospects
- » President Radev Discussed Bulgaria's Bid to Join the Euro Area with BNB Governor