Bulgaria Criticizes Macedonia Encyclopedia
Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje has issued a statement, saying that the content of Macedonian Encyclopedia is not a result of scientific analyses and its single purpose is to collect political dividends.
According to the statement released on Thursday, "it is unacceptable for a country aspirant for NATO and EU membership to resort to terminology typical for the ideology of the Cold War era."
The approach in the Macedonian Encyclopedia is in collision with the European ways and gives no contribution to strengthening of the neighborly relations and curbing down of the "hatred speech", the statement further adds
Immediately after its publishing, Macedonian Encyclopedia raised numerous reactions. The parties of ethnic Albanians living in Macedonia were the first to slam certain contents of the publication, and reactions of Great Britain and US followed shortly after, the independent news agency Makfax said.
- » The Talks on Controversial Topics at the G7 Summit Begin
- » Palestinian Cause, Trade Take Forefront at Jordan Foreign Minister Visit in Bulgaria
- » PM Borissov: Jordan is an Important Partner For Bulgaria in the Middle East Region
- » For the First Time, a Jordanian Foreign Minister is Arriving in Bulgaria
- » Iran-Bulgaria Business Forum Slated for Late-August
- » For the First time in 20 Years, the Israeli PM is Visiting Ukraine