Bulgaria Criticizes Macedonia Encyclopedia
Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje has issued a statement, saying that the content of Macedonian Encyclopedia is not a result of scientific analyses and its single purpose is to collect political dividends.
According to the statement released on Thursday, "it is unacceptable for a country aspirant for NATO and EU membership to resort to terminology typical for the ideology of the Cold War era."
The approach in the Macedonian Encyclopedia is in collision with the European ways and gives no contribution to strengthening of the neighborly relations and curbing down of the "hatred speech", the statement further adds
Immediately after its publishing, Macedonian Encyclopedia raised numerous reactions. The parties of ethnic Albanians living in Macedonia were the first to slam certain contents of the publication, and reactions of Great Britain and US followed shortly after, the independent news agency Makfax said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Immediate Solution to Dispute Between Sofia and Skopje is Impossible
- » Diplomatic Offensive in Brno Inspires Hopes for Solution of Bulgaria-North Macedonia Dispute over Nm EU Acession
- » EU Leaders Discuss Influence and Defense of the Union at Balkan Summit
- » Bulgarian President: Membership of North Macedonia in the EU is Very Important for the Region
- » Bulgaria Reaffirms Determination to Join OECD
- » Russia Declares North Macedonia Diplomat Persona non Grata