Bulgaria Frigate Drazki to Participate in NATO Operation
The Bulgarian frigate Drazki (Intrepid) will take part in NATO's operation in Mediterranean see, "Active Endeavor".
The fully armored ship with its crew of 152 people will participate in the operation Ocotober 4-31.
The decision for the mission will be taken at a session of the Bulgarian Council of Ministers on Wednesday, the government's press office reported.
Operation Active Endeavor is a naval operation of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. It operates in the Mediterranean Sea and is designed to prevent the movement of terrorists or weapons of mass destruction as well as to enhance the security of shipping in general.
It is one of the first military actions taken by NATO in response to an invocation of Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty which provides for collective defense.
- » Law Changes in Bulgaria: 3 Years of Imprisonment , Fine to 10,000 BGN for Anyone Who Violates Rules against COVID-19
- » Minister Karakachanov: The United States has Given Bulgaria $87 Million for Military Equipment
- » Expert: The NRA Data Leak Have Attracted the Attention of Hackers from around the World
- » There is No Migration Pressure Along Our Borders with Turkey and Greece
- » Opinion: Turkish Operation in Syria
- » Borisov: Nearly BGN 4 billion Will be Spent on Defense This Year