Bulgaria Police Arrest Man Linked to Mafia Boss Zlatomir Ivanov
A member of alleged mafia boss Zlatomir Ivanov, aka Zlatko Baretata's criminal group has been arrested after a nationwide man hunt.
The General Commissar of the Interior Ministry, Kalin Georgiev, announced Saturday that that police forces from Vidin and Vratsa worked together to detain the man in Makresh village in North-West Bulgaria on Friday.
The 37-year-old from Sofia was carrying 750 bullets, three flares, two smoke bombs and other pyrotechnic materials along with forged documents - ID cards, driving licenses - apparently in order to continue concealing his identity, Georgiev confirmed.
When asked whether the man was connected to Zlatko Baretata, Georgiev told reporters that they were not far from the truth. It was also reported that the man has a long criminal record.
- » French Intelligence Services Detained a man Planning a 9/11 Style Attack in France
- » 387 Bulgarians Became Victims of Trafficking since the Beginning of the Year - Most of Them - Women
- » More than 300 People from Over 12 Countries Arrested after Authorities Took a Child Pornography Site Down
- » Three Bulgarians Were Killed in a Shooting in Chicago
- » Bulgarian MPs Approved the Removal of the Fast Track Trial Proceedings in Premeditated Murder Cases
- » Police Officers Arrested Two Bulgarians for Trafficking in Persons for Begging in France and Sweden