Bulgaria Police Arrest Man Linked to Mafia Boss Zlatomir Ivanov
A member of alleged mafia boss Zlatomir Ivanov, aka Zlatko Baretata's criminal group has been arrested after a nationwide man hunt.
The General Commissar of the Interior Ministry, Kalin Georgiev, announced Saturday that that police forces from Vidin and Vratsa worked together to detain the man in Makresh village in North-West Bulgaria on Friday.
The 37-year-old from Sofia was carrying 750 bullets, three flares, two smoke bombs and other pyrotechnic materials along with forged documents - ID cards, driving licenses - apparently in order to continue concealing his identity, Georgiev confirmed.
When asked whether the man was connected to Zlatko Baretata, Georgiev told reporters that they were not far from the truth. It was also reported that the man has a long criminal record.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District