Bulgaria's Valeri Bojinov: Italy Don't Play Like World Champions
Hours ahead of the crucial World Cup qualifier against Italy, Bulgaria striker Valeri Bojinov has warned his team is capable of causing a shock on Italian soil.
"I saw Italy play against Georgia, and this is not the team that I know," Bojinov told the Sky Sport Italia.
"We have to stay calm and take our chances. This is not the team of the World Cup, we respect [Marcello] Lippi's men, but we are not afraid of anyone."
Bojinov feels the tension and strain will be felt by Italy, not his side.
"They will be under pressure. We can go into the game relaxed as we have nothing to lose, and so this is an advantage for us," concluded the hitman.
Bulgaria have 11 points from 7 games in Group 8, preceded by while Italy and the Republic of Ireland.
- » Manchester United Sack Jose Mourinho after Worst ever Premier League Start
- » Balkan 2030 World Cup bid is Realistic, Says Bulgarian Sports Minister
- » Anthony Ivanov Ranks 8th at the World Swimming Championship in China
- » VAR to be Introduced in Bulgarian Football in 3 Years, Announced the Head of BFU
- » River Edge out Boca after Extra Time to Win Historic Copa Libertadores
- » Grigor Dimitrov Clarifies his Statement About Sofia Open