Bulgaria Lose Telkiyski for Crucial Italy World Cup Qualifier
Bulgaria's Dimitar Telkiyski and Zhivko Milanov will both miss the 2010 World Cup qualifier with Italy in Turin on Wednesday.
Telkiyski, who plays for Russian club Amkar Perm, has collected a suspension after a yellow card against Montenegro. He was one of Bulgaria's goal scorers and also a driving force behind the improved second half performance on Saturday. Milanov is almost certain to miss out too after picking up an injury on Saturday.
Meanwhile Italy coach Marcello Lippi is set to ring the changes for the Turin game, with Daniele De Rossi, Fabio Grosso and Claudio Marchisio set to start.
Monday morning's training session at Vinovo suggests De Rossi will also play from the kick-off. The Roman was suspended for the Georgia match, in which Italy won 2-0, but he is likely to go straight in against Bulgaria.
Bulgaria are currently 6 points behind Italy in group 8 and must win on Wednesday to keep their South Africa World Cup hopes alive. The Republic of Ireland are competing with Bulgaria for the crucial second place and currently hold a 5 point advantage having played one game more.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the 2nd Round of the Australian Open
- » Club from the Premier League and Two from the Championship want Bulgarian Footballer of the Year
- » Three British Clubs Interested in Emerging Bulgarian Football Star Despodov
- » Novak Djokovic Will Arrive in Bulgaria For Sofia Open 2019
- » FIVB Confirmed! Brazil Standing on the Way of Bulgaria for Tokyo 2020
- » Kiril Despodov Received the Prize for Bulgaria's No. 1 Footballer for the 2018th