Missile Blast Exposes Poor Condition of Bulgaria Military Equipment
An anti-aircraft missile exploded shortly after its launch during military drills of the Bulgarian Army near the northeast town of Shabla.
The rocket exploded 50 meters up in the air a second after the launch in front of the eyes of Defense Minister, Nikolay Mladenov, and President Georgi Parvanov, who is the Bulgarian Commander-in-Chief.
No one was killed or injured by the explosion but the drills had to be terminated for some time. The explosion originated in the engine of the anti-aircraft missile, whereas its head fell in the sea, and will be recovered by divers.
"Unfortunately, this incident shows that we are working with outdated equipment. The conclusions is that we need to restore the priorities of our armed forces," Defense Minister Mladenov commented after the explosion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » No Shots were fired at Migrants from the Bulgarian side of the Border - shows Joint investigation with Turkey
- » World Media claim that Refugees were Shot at Bulgaria’s Border – Interior Ministry Denies
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: The Suggestions from the Dutch that you can Cross the Border for 50 Euros are Offensive
- » The List of Weapons that Bulgaria will provide to Ukraine is ready
- » Lockheed Martin: The first Bulgarian F-16 Fighter jet is already being Assembled
- » The Most Cyberattacks against Bulgaria come from Russia