Bulgaria Triumphs over Italy in Euro Volleyball Championship Game
In its second game of the the European Championships in Turkey, Bulgaria's National volleyball Team crushed Italy with 3:0 sets.
In a heated game, the team, lead by Silvano Prandi, Bulgaria's Italian Head Coach, and star players Andrei Zhekov, Hristo Tsvetanov, Victor Yosifov, Matei Kaziyski, Todor Aleksiev, Vladimir Nikolov and Teodor Salparov, won the three sets with 26:24, 25:22, and 24:22.
With this latest victory, the Bulgarians take the lead in Group D and now have 5 points in the ranking.
On Thursday, at the Championship's opening day, the Bulgarian team defeated Serbia after winning a 5th set tie-break in a game many called the "final before the final".
Bulgaria has now secured its participation in the second phase of the Championship and is to face the winner of the group that includes Russia, Finland, and Estonia.
The Championship is Prandi's first major tournament as Head Coach of the Bulgarian team.
Saturday is a day off for the Bulgarians. On Sunday they will play against their last adversary from Group D - the Czech Republic. The top three teams from each group will qualify for the next phase of the tournament.
Bulgaria finished in eighth place at the last European Championship, but this time around, according to the bookmakers, Bulgaria is considered as one of the tournaments' top four favourites.
- » Bulgarian Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Extends Burton Stay
- » Second Blow for Bulgaria's National Football Team Before the Games Against Cyprus and Slovenia
- » Bulgaria's Nova Broadcasting Extends English Premier League Rights
- » Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Could Make Bulgaria Debut after Impressing for English Burton Albion
- » Kubrat Pulev Could Challenge Anthony Joushua in 2019
- » Bulgaria’s Best Tennis Player Dropped Out From the Top 10 of the World ATP Rankings