Bulgaria Star Berbatov Expects Baby, Denies 'Sun' Report
The star of Manchester United and the Bulgarian national football team, Dimitar Berbatov, has denied the reports of the UK tabloid The Sun.
On Wednesday, The Sun reported that Berbatov had received threats from a Bulgarian gangster because he sent SMS Text messages with sexual hints to his girlfriend, playmate Nikoleta Lozanova.
In a statement sent to the BTA information agency, Berbatov threatened to sue any media distributing untrue claims about his personal life.
He also announced that he and his girlfriend, whose name has not been revealed, expected a baby.
"Regarding the constant involvement of my name in publications ascribing to me relations with different women, I would like to ask the Bulgarian media not to distribute unverified information, no matter whether it was "heard" or "loaned" by a foreign media... I believe that the line allowing the libel to remain unpunished is now being crossed," Berbatov's statement reads.
He makes it clear he intended to sue all "producers" of untrue rumors about him in order to provide security for the woman that he was with, and who expects a baby together with the football star.
- » Bulgaria Winger Despodov to Miss Start of Euro Qualifiers
- » Bulgarian Katrin Taseva with Gold and Bronze of Grand Prix in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Daniel Asenov is European Boxing Champion for the Sixth Time
- » WORLD CHAMPION! Petar Stoychev is the Fastest in the World in Swimming in Icy Waters!
- » Petar Stoychev - 200 m Swimming Below Zero
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Ready to Return for the Masters Game in Miami