Afghanistan Deputy Intelligence Chief Killed in Suicide Bomb
Afghanistan's deputy chief of intelligence, Abdullah Laghmani, has been killed in a suicide attack on a mosque east of Kabul, officials say.
At least 21 other people are feared dead after the attack in the city of Mehtar Lam, in Laghman province.
A Taliban spokesman, Zabiullah Mujahid, said a suicide bomber had targeted Laghmani.
The attack came after the UN released a report saying opium cultivation had dropped significantly in Afghanistan.
The UN Office on Drugs and Crime said poppy cultivation had dropped by 22% in a year and opium production by 10%.
- » EC with a € 100 Billion Solidarity Plan
- » The Number of COVID-19 Patients in the World is Approaching 1 Million
- » Michael Pompeo Congratulated Bulgaria on its Quick Actions to Reduce the Number of COVID-19 Cases
- » Germany has Admitted over 100 COVID-19 Infected Patients from other EU Countries
- » More than 80 Countries are Seeking IMF Assistance
- » The Border Checkpoints through which the “Green Corridors” Border for Supply of Goods will Pass are now Clear