Bulgaria Revenue Agency Software Identifies VAT Fraudsters
The Bulgarian National Revenue Agency (NRA) has introduced a new electronic system to uncover V.A.T fraud, the agencies press center informed Sunday.
The new software has been introduced to target risk criteria that identify a firm's recent tax data and identifies small changes in V.A.T returns over a long period of time, therefore allowing tax authorities to investigate.
The software, which was bought using funds from the FAR program, will automatically select companies that should be investigated and will also help to cut out the corruption that has tainted the agency over recent years.
In July, the amount of VAT that was not returned after tax inspectors' check-ups decreased by more than BGN 105 M, NRA explained.
- » Annual Inflation in January 2019 Compared to January 2018 Was 3.0%
- » Average Social Security Income For the Country for December 2018 was BGN 954.90
- » EP Supports an Increase of Over BGN 3 billion in the Budget For Bulgaria After 2020
- » Prof. Steve Hanke: Bulgaria Has a Low Flat Tax and That's Great
- » MFA: We do not have Official Information on the Export of State Funds from Venezuela to Bulgaria
- » IMF: Bulgaria's Robust Economic Growth Paves Way for Further Reforms