Bulgaria Revenue Agency Software Identifies VAT Fraudsters
The Bulgarian National Revenue Agency (NRA) has introduced a new electronic system to uncover V.A.T fraud, the agencies press center informed Sunday.
The new software has been introduced to target risk criteria that identify a firm's recent tax data and identifies small changes in V.A.T returns over a long period of time, therefore allowing tax authorities to investigate.
The software, which was bought using funds from the FAR program, will automatically select companies that should be investigated and will also help to cut out the corruption that has tainted the agency over recent years.
In July, the amount of VAT that was not returned after tax inspectors' check-ups decreased by more than BGN 105 M, NRA explained.
- » Bulgaria Is among the Countries Which Attracted Most Funds under the Juncker Investment Plan
- » Oil Prices Rise with 10%
- » Greece is Preparing to Cut Income Taxes
- » In the Period January - June 2019 Bulgarian Exports to the EU Grew by 5.1%
- » In 2018 the Goods Exported From Bulgaria amounted to BGN 56 030.4 Million
- » The Amount of the Fiscal Reserve as of June 30 is BGN 11.7 billion