Bulgaria's Coach Stoilov Quits Litex Lovech
Bulgaria national team coach Stanimir Stoilov has resigned as first division Litex Lovech coach following his failure to take the club into the Europa League group stage, the club announced.
"I have to do it because we've failed to achieve our goal," Stoilov said as cited by the club's website. In his words the team didn't fight as he had expected.
After their 1-0 home win against Belarussian champions Bate Borisov, Litex, Bulgarian champions in 1998 and 1999, lost Thursday's return leg 4-0 and failed to qualify.
The 42-year-old Stoilov will remain Bulgarian national team after his re-appointment in February, when he took over from Serbian Miodrag Jesic.
- » Ludogorets are Football Champions of Bulgaria and Win Eighth Consecutive Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost in the First Round in Geneva
- » Three-Time Formula 1 World Champion Niki Lauda has Died at the Age of 70
- » Police in Sofia with Extraordinary Measures due to the Football Derby between Levski and CSKA
- » Grigor Dimitrov Climbed One Place In The ATP World Rankings
- » Ivet Lalova Took First Place In The 200-Meter Race In Osaka