Bulgaria's Coach Stoilov Quits Litex Lovech
Bulgaria national team coach Stanimir Stoilov has resigned as first division Litex Lovech coach following his failure to take the club into the Europa League group stage, the club announced.
"I have to do it because we've failed to achieve our goal," Stoilov said as cited by the club's website. In his words the team didn't fight as he had expected.
After their 1-0 home win against Belarussian champions Bate Borisov, Litex, Bulgarian champions in 1998 and 1999, lost Thursday's return leg 4-0 and failed to qualify.
The 42-year-old Stoilov will remain Bulgarian national team after his re-appointment in February, when he took over from Serbian Miodrag Jesic.
- » Norway Won and is Now Ahead of Bulgaria in our Group in League of Nations Tournament
- » Bulgaria Claims Mixed Pair Acrobatic Gymnastics Gold
- » Bulgaria Won 2-1 over Cyprus to Top Nations League group
- » Nearly 4,000 Participants are Expected in Sofia Marathon 2018
- » Official: Ludogorets Parted with Autouri and Announced the New Coach
- » Bulgarian Athletes would be Fined up to BGN 2,000 in case of Doping