Bulgaria's Coach Stoilov Quits Litex Lovech
Bulgaria national team coach Stanimir Stoilov has resigned as first division Litex Lovech coach following his failure to take the club into the Europa League group stage, the club announced.
"I have to do it because we've failed to achieve our goal," Stoilov said as cited by the club's website. In his words the team didn't fight as he had expected.
After their 1-0 home win against Belarussian champions Bate Borisov, Litex, Bulgarian champions in 1998 and 1999, lost Thursday's return leg 4-0 and failed to qualify.
The 42-year-old Stoilov will remain Bulgarian national team after his re-appointment in February, when he took over from Serbian Miodrag Jesic.
- » Bulgarian Football Champion Ludogorets Bought Israel's Top Scorer
- » Grigor Dimitrov Dropped Out from the Top 30 for the First Time since August 2016
- » 296 Boxers From 39 Countries Participated in a Boxing Tournament in Bulgaria
- » One of the Richest Bulgarians Vasil Bozhkov Takes over the Management of Levski Football Club
- » UEFA Decided When Bulgaria must have at least One Stadium with VAR
- » Official: Lubo Penev is the New Coach of CSKA Sofia Taking over from El Maestro