Wildfire Closes Bulgaria Black Sea Road, Threatens Top Resort
A large wildfire encompassed about 300 decares of coniferous forest right above the Bulgarian top Black Sea resort Sveti Vlas.
The five fire brigade teams have managed to contain the fire that was advancing towards the resort, the Interior Ministry press center announced.
However, the road connecting Bulgaria's two Black Sea cities, Varna and Burgas, has been closed because of the smoke produced by the fire.
The fire brigade was initially alerted that a plot with dry grass was on fire outside of the Sveti Vlas resort; upon arrival, the fire-fighters discovered that the whole forest nearby was on fire.
After the fire was contained, the threat for the Sveti Vlas resort has been avoided.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures between 23°C and 28°C
- » The EC Creates an Air Fleet to Combat Fires
- » Experts Say the Ocean Level May Rise 2m by the End of the Century
- » Bear Cub Visited a Private Yard of a House in Kladnitsa, Western Bulgaria (Video)
- » A Mild Earthquake Was Registered in the Kresna Seismic Zone
- » The Council of the European Union Has Adopted New Rules on Single-Use Plastics