Bulgarian Danube Ship Saves German Tourists from Burning Vessel
The sailors from the Bulgarian ship "Nayden Kirov" have saved over tourists from burning German vessel.
This was announced by Bulgarian River Shipping Jsc on Saturday. The accident happened around midnight on Friday after a German river cruise ship caught fire in the Serbian part of the Danube near the city of Novi Sad where it was anchored.
The Bulgarian ship brought the over 150 passengers to the shore where they were helped by ambulances, and then took part in the extinguishing of the fire which lasted until dawn on Saturday.
Because of the inconvenient spot where the German vessel had been anchored, the Serbian fire-fighters had to use the Bulgarian ship as a platform from which to put out the fire.
- » Girl from Varna that Disappeared in Germany was Found
- » Sunny and Warm Today in Bulgaria with Highs Between 23°C and 28°C
- » The Earth Has Lost 12 million Hectares of Tropical Forests in 2018
- » During the 2017/2018 School Year, 16,300 Students Left School
- » Bulgarian Beekeepers Threaten to Block Pleven – Sofia Road in Protest
- » Girl from Varna Disappeared in Germany