More Resignations Shake Bulgaria's National Security Agency
Two more key officials of Bulgaria's State National Security Agency DANS have submitted their resignations on Friday.
The head of "Terror" Directorate, Nikolay Zlatkov, and the head of "Migration" Directorate Hristo Hristov are the ones resigning, according to information cited by the BGNES agency.
Both of these directorates are part of Main Directorate "Counter-Intelligence", whose head Rashko Zayakov resigned on Thursday.
Zayakov has said that each of his resigning colleagues had over 20 years of experience in the national security sector, and that he believed their respective sectors would suffer as he saw no one better to replace them.
Zayakov, who has worked at the national security sphere since 1993, said Thursday he resigned because he had some disagreements with the new Director of DANS, Tsvetlin Yovchev, with whom the GERB government replaced Petko Sertov at the beginning of August.
On Thursday, Yovchev said that DANS, the Interior Ministry, and the Chief Prosecutor's Office were conducting consultations to differentiate between their functions in order to avoid overlapping.
DANS is expected to focus on dealing with counter-intelligence and fighting international terrorism.
- » Distribution of Over BGN 620 Thousand Worth of Pensions in Bulgaria is Temporarily Suspended
- » Warning of Dangerous Undercurrents Along the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Traffic on Struma Motorway Expected to be Allowed Partially from Friday
- » Bulgarian PM: Government is Implementing Consistent Policy to Build and Renovate Sports Facilities Across the Country
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescuers: Injured Tourist near Malyovitsa Peak is Safe
- » Restoration of the Viaduct of Struma Motorway Will Cost BGN 1.86 million