NBU President Becomes Bulgaria Deputy Education Minister
Sergey Ignatov, the President of New Bulgarian University in Sofia, has been appointed Bulgaria's new Deputy Minister of Education.
Ignatov will be in charge of university education and science, and his initial work will focus on the crafting of a new Higher Education Act.
"I intend to include measures to support the science center in order to encourage their development instead of letting them die off. There are a number of science fields in which Bulgaria is starting to lose its traditions", Ignatov said during his presentation as a deputy of Education Minister, Yordanka Fandakova.
Professor Sergey Ignatov has a Ph. D. in Ancient Egypt studies from the St. Petersburg State University, Russia, and has specialized at All Souls College in Oxford.
He has worked at the Thracian Studies institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia University St. Kliment of Ohrid, and New Bulgarian University.
- » Bulgarian Students with Great Success in a NASA Space Colony Competition
- » Student Fees in Bulgarian Universities - from BGN 200 to EUR 7700
- » By the Middle of 2019: All Schools in Bulgaria With Wi-Fi Networks
- » The Exhibition "Education without Borders" in the National Palace of Culture is Now Open
- » Burgas University will Train Doctors
- » Why a Professionally Written Essay Can Transform Your Studies