BGN 2 M Added to Salaries of Bulgaria Legal Aid Lawyers
BGN 2 M extra will be made available from the state budget to pay the salaries of Bulgarian lawyers who perform legal aid.
This was confirmed after the Ministry of Finance finalized the payment arrangements and also before the Council of Ministers discusses various regulations regarding public security.
Currently more than 3700 Bulgarian lawyers perform legal aid to the poor, people placed in social institutions, and suspects and defendants who do not have the means to hire a lawyer. Their salaries in 2009 were originally set at BGN 6 M, which are already in the budget of the National Bureau for Legal Aid. According to ministers, however, that money will not be enough so additional funds are needed.
Ministers will discuss a number of other regulations decided by the previous government later on Wednesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"