Bulgaria Loses Millions BGN from Illegal Internet Gambling вЂ“ Report
Bulgaria loses hundreds of millions of BGN each year as a result of the activity of illegal operators of online gambling.
This has been reported by the BGNES agency which cites data provided to it by representatives of the State Gambling Commission.
A representative of the Commission, Simeon Simeonov, is quoted as confirming that the companies providing Internet gambling and bets in Bulgaria are unlicensed. The Commission has reportedly imposed dozens of fines on such companies.
The statistics shows that in 2006 the turnover from illegal online gambling operations in Bulgaria was BGN 500 M, going up to BGN 700 M in 2007, and BGN 1 B in 2008; the figure is expected to reach BGN 1,5 B in 2009.
BGNES cites Alexander Tumparov, Deputy Chair of the Bulgarian Association for Entertainment and Gambling Games, as saying that the unlicensed online gambling operators working in Bulgaria were in violation of nine different laws. BGNES reports that these revelations about the online gambling in Bulgaria were made during a seminar on bookmaking in Sofia sponsored by the unlicensed gambling operator Betsafe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Six People Are Accused of Tax Crimes in the Trade of Imported Drugs
- » Cat Smuggled Heroin into Prison in Sri Lanka And When Detained - Escapes
- » Alleged Gang Sexual Assault in a 5-Star Hotel in Egypt
- » 9 People Involved in a Criminal Group for Illegal Extraction and Sale of Wood Have Been Detained
- » 29-year-old Man Shot Near Sofia After a Car Race
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol