Bulgarian Navy Celebrates Its 130th Birthday
The Bulgarian Navy celebrates Sunday, August 09, 2009, the 130th year since its creation at a special ceremony in the Black Sea city of Varna.
Sunday's celebrations are the culmination of a series of events over the recent weeks marking the anniversary.
The major event Sunday morning was the ritual for the raising of the flag of the Bulgarian naval forces, followed by the handing of the diplomas of the graduates of the Bulgarian Naval Academy.
The celebration ceremonies were attended by the Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, the Defense Minister Nikolay Mladenov, the Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov, the Head of Defense (formerly known as Head of the General Staff of the Army) Gen. Simeon Simeonov, and were commanded by the recently appointed new head of the Bulgarian Navy, Rear Admiral Plamen Manushev.
Citizens and guests of Varna have the chance to get on board of some of the vessels of the Bulgarian Navy at the Sea Station in Varna.
(L to R) Defense Minister Mladenov, Rear Admiral Manushev, Prime Minister Borisov, Interior Minister Tsvetanov at the celebrations of 130th birthday of the Bulgarian Navy. Photo by BGNES
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Defense » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » “The EU Must Close its Borders to Migrants”, said the Slovenian Interior Minister
- » Bulgarian Border: 30 Illegal Migrants were Detained in Lyaskovets
- » Bulgarian Admiral: Modernization of our Army Can’t Compare to the Pace in Neighboring Countries
- » The Bulgarian Army will Assist the Interior Ministry in Guarding the State Border
- » Bulgaria: In September, Number of Detained Migrants was 28.9% Higher than in August
- » Foreigners with Positions in Bulgaria’s “Arsenal” Weapons Factory Left in Custody