Australia Police Arrest Four over Terror Plot
Australian police have arrested four people in the city of Melbourne after uncovering what they say was a plot to launch a terrorist attack.
The group was preparing a suicide attack on an army base, police said, cited by the BBC.
More than 400 officers were involved in searching 19 properties across the city before dawn on Tuesday.
The suspects are Australian nationals of Somali and Lebanese descent; one man, aged 25, has so far been charged with terrorism offences.
The man from the Glenroy district of Melbourne is due in court later.
Two other men are expected to be charged, while a court has granted police another eight hours to question the fourth man.
A fifth man, who had been detained earlier, is also being questioned about the alleged plot.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Bashar Assad and his Wife arrived in China
- » Protests in Armenia after the Peace Agreement in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Mine Blew Up a Ship off the Coast of Romania?
- » Derna: Maddened by Grief and Anger, Libyans Burned Down the Mayor's home
- » Ceasefire: Nagorno-Karabakh Forces Surrendered to the Azeris